Кариера в НПО
America for Bulgaria Foundation Vacancy Announcement
Дата на публикуване:
10 януари 2022 г.
10 февруари 2022 г.
Program Director, Health Sector Programs
Developing and Retaining Human Capital Field of Work
About the America for Bulgaria Foundation
The America for Bulgaria Foundation (ABF) works in partnership with Bulgarians to support the country’s private sector and related democratic institutions. The Health Sector is a new priority in the Developing and Retaining Human Capital field of work of ABF. It is planned to initially focus on three sub-priorities, which are expected to yield results in the short-, medium-, and long-terms: 1) Short Term: Supporting and replicating good models and best practices; 2) Medium Term: Human capital – addressing medics’ brain drain and professional development needs; and 3) Long Term – System reform.
The America for Bulgaria Foundation is seeking a skilled and highly motivated individual as Program Director in the Developing and Retaining Human Capital (HUM) field of work. This person will report directly to the Executive Director and the President of the Foundation and will be responsible for the Health Sector programs of the HUM field of work.
The Program Director is responsible for providing leadership and direction on health sector program content; implementation of programs with emphasis on measurable outcomes using data and best practices; prioritization of programmatic objectives and activities; and development of financial budgets to support program activities.
The Program Director works independently and collaboratively within the ABF team to direct, develop, manage, and implement programs and activities in the Health Sector priority of the Developing and Retaining Human Capital field of work. The Program Director position requires a forward-thinking and dynamic individual to provide proactive leadership and vision in developing new, innovative programs. This includes having excellent analytical, interpersonal, organizational, writing and presentation skills as well as discretion, sound judgment, and understanding of political contexts that shape and frame policies in the health sector. The ideal candidate will have solid understanding of the main stakeholders and inter-relationships in the public health field and across other sectors on the regional and national level.
- Lead the implementation of the Health Sector strategy of the Foundation.
- Develop and effectively direct programmatic activities in the Health Sector priority of ABF that positions it as a respected and trusted partner.
- Serve as a senior leader for health sector content, program design, evaluation, and dissemination of program results.
- Monitor international, national and private initiatives in the field of health sector as well as programmatic innovations and best practices to ensure ABF work in this area is well-informed and relevant. Ensure that innovations and best practices are incorporated into ABF programmatic activities.
- Keep abreast of ongoing developments, trends, policies and practices in the health sector, prepare analyses, reports, and presentations.
- Proactively develop and maintain multiple stakeholder relations in the health sector area.
- Direct, lead, and manage the development of grants applications, budgets and reports.
- Monitor grantee progress toward their stated objectives.
- Conduct site monitoring and provide program management feedback to grantees.
- Communicate with grantees regularly regarding ongoing project activities and reporting documentation.
- Facilitate small and large group meetings, internally and externally. This may also include facilitating on site community meetings.
- Represent the Foundation at public events, conferences, and strategic meetings with partners.
This position calls for significant experience with health sector programs both in Bulgaria and internationally, and a demonstrated commitment to work for the betterment of Bulgaria’s society. The Program Director should possess the following
- University degree in a relevant field, preferably with expertise in public health, health economics and determinants of health.
- At least five years of relevant professional work experience.
- Fluency in both English and Bulgarian. Outstanding written and communication skills in both languages.
- Analytical skills, including ability to interpret and analyze data.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and its various applications.
- Superior interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate clearly and persuasively with people of diverse backgrounds, within and outside the field.
- A respectful but analytical approach to the work of grantees.
- Close attention to follow-up and detail. Ability to administer several tasks simultaneously. Proven time-management and organization skills.
- Resourcefulness and flexibility. Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Intellectual curiosity as well as the ability to view old problems with a fresh perspective.
- Unquestionable ethics and personal integrity.
America for Bulgaria Foundation offers an excellent benefits package and a competitive salary that is commensurate with experience. The position is full-time and based in Sofia, Bulgaria.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send via email a one-page cover letter explaining why they are interested in and qualified for this position and a CV in English to email@example.com with Program Director, Health Sector in the Subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline for Submitting Applications
February 10, 2022